Remarkable brings you Enabled by Design-athon
Fri 24 – Sat 25 Feb 2017
Across 48 hours teams will hack solutions for everyday challenges as identified by people with disabilities, therapists and caregivers. There will be a whole range of talent in the room. Whether you are a beginner, a hacker or seasoned entrepreneur you are invited to learn new skills, solve some wicked problems and meet like-minded people.
Teams will use design thinking methodologies to create accessible, usable and desirable technologies. Disability experts will work alongside hackers creating prototypes of hardware and software.
Do you have a challenge you would like hacked at the event? Contact us today!
Judges will mark teams based on the following criteria.
- Does this idea solve an identified need?
- Did the team validate their idea beyond the team?
- Do the team demonstrate an understanding the potential market (ie. viability)?
- Is there a functional prototype (demonstrating hustle and dedication)?
- Does it incorporate universal design principles?
- Does it have a professional look and feel?
Is it Remarkable?
- Is it memorable?
- Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience?
- Does it leverage/contain some “secret sauce”?
Registrations are now open until 23rd January 2017!
Places are limited. Successful applicants will be notified in two rounds. Round 1: 26th January, Round 2: 31st January. Register your interest here today